This fabulous crustless quiche is loaded with sweet leeks, juicy cherry tomatoes, tangy goat cheese, and roasted garlic. Perfect for an effortless brunch.
Happy New Year!!
I hope you all had a great Christmas holiday. Mine was so awesome I didn’t even have time to write a post last week, oops! Please forgive me. This Christmas was all about family and food, and not so much about gifts. Most of our gifts were homemade, which was great. Adam and I made birthday cake fudge, eggnog fudge, salted caramels, and yummy rumballs. There’s something about spending time making gifts with loved ones that makes me feel the Christmas spirit more than spending hours in a mall. I also spent a LOT of time in the kitchen, and I mean a whole lot. But it was great; I love being in the kitchen, and my mom’s kitchen is 10000x nicer than mine.
For brunch on Christmas, I made this fabulous crustless quiche. It was loaded with sweet leeks, juicy cherry tomatoes, and tangy goat cheese. I also put roasted garlic in it, which added to all the complex flavours. Yum. Yum. Yum. YUM!!!
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 leeks, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 package goat cheese, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 heads roasted garlic (optional)*
- 1 cup swiss cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grease an 8x8 casserole dish, or a glass pie dish. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, melt butter and sauté leeks until soft and starting to brown.
- Place leeks in the bottom of the casserole dish, then add the halved cherry tomatoes, the crumbled goat cheese, and the roasted garlic (if you are using it).
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk the 8 eggs together with 1/2 cup milk, then add the swiss cheese and mix in. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg, milk, and cheese mixture over everything in the casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for 50 minutes, or until golden brown and the egg is cooked through.
- * I like to keep a few heads of roasted garlic in my fridge. Slice off the top of the heads of garlic, drizzle with olive oil and then wrap them in foil. If you're roasting chicken or baking anything, just throw them in and bake for 30-45 minutes. Roasted garlic makes a great addition to many dishes, so it's handy to have a few in your fridge.