Juicy chicken breasts stuffed with parmesan, cream cheese, and spinach. Whip these up for an effortless, delicious, weeknight dinner.
I’ve been watching more Netflix than ever these past few weeks. Adam and I decided to watch Grey’s Anatomy from season 1, episode 1. Yup, we just signed ourselves up for 253 episodes of roller coaster emotions and attachments to characters that we don’t even know in real life. You might be thinking, “What? How has she not already seen Grey’s?” Don’t you worry, I have. BUT I started watching it years ago in the 6th season or so. There were so many details I felt like I was missing; also Adam could never relate when I watched a new episode and cried every. single. time… So we decided to watch it from the beginning together. I wonder how long it will take us to watch 11 years worth of shows?
Before I get too carried away, lets talk turkey! Just kidding, this is a chicken recipe. I have this thing for stuffing chicken breasts. I love doing it. With the right flavour combinations, it can really make a plain old chicken breast turn into something super exciting. This week I’m sharing one of my favourites with you – it’s got cheese (yum), and spinach (yum). I used light cream cheese to make these, but you can use regular cream cheese if you want them to be more rich. They also freeze very well, and you just take them out of your freezer the day before you want to eat them, then pop them in the microwave for a couple of minutes when you’re ready to eat them!
Juicy chicken breasts stuffed with parmesan, cream cheese, and spinach.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp light cream cheese
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, and divided into two portions
- zest and juice of one lemon, juice divided into two portions
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, or 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a baking tray.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix cream cheese, parmesan, spinach, one portion of the garlic, and one portion of the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, combine the rest of the garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, thyme, smoked paprika, and olive oil.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, then rub the chicken breasts in the marinade.
- Put the chicken breasts on a greased baking tray, then make a split across the centre of the breasts, making it deep enough to hold the spinach and cheese mixture.
- Divide the spinach cheese mixture into four portions, then stuff the mixture into the incisions made in the chicken breasts.
- Bake the chicken for 25-35 minutes (depending on size), or until a meat thermometer reads 165°F.