Delicious and juicy baked turkey meatballs. Top these with your favourite tomato sauce and freshly grated parmesan cheese and you’ve got an easy weeknight meal that comes together in 30 minutes.
Happy Sunday Everyone!
I hope your week was great, despite most people going back to school or work (or both). I had the week off since my classes don’t start until tomorrow, and boy oh boy was it a lovely week. I celebrated my 21st birthday this week (happy birthday to me!!), and Adam took the day off to celebrate with me. I don’t know if this was a weird request for a birthday present – okay I might be a bit of a weirdo – but I asked Adam for a tortilla press for my birthday, and I got it!! You have no idea how excited I was. So this week I pumped out a whole heap of corn and flour tortillas. GET READY FOR TACO RECIPES!!!!!! 🙂
I have no taco recipes for you today though, instead, you get these yummy baked turkey meatballs. They are seriously AMAZEBALLS (ha, see what I did there?). For the past few months I’ve been trying to come up with a turkey meatball recipe that I love (and takes no time to make), because we eat a whole lot of ground turkey. For a while I was doing them on the stove top, but who has time to bake them in batches on the stove? Not me, that’s who! I found my meatballs where always a bit too dry for my liking when I made them on the stove. So this week I decided to bake them instead – helllooo healthier, oil free, delicious meatballs!
I put sauce and cheese on top of my meatballs, then baked them again to make the cheese melted. But if you’re planning on serving these with pasta, you can just toss them in your sauce instead. If you’re cutting down on carbs like myself, then these are delicious with that sauce and cheese spooned over top instead.
I hope you all like these! Please let me know what you think of the recipe in the comments section below 🙂 For more delicious recipes to your inbox every weekend, please subscribe by entering your email and following the prompts in the box to the right of this page!
Delicious and juicy baked turkey meatballs. Topped with your favourite tomato sauce and freshly grated parmesan cheese. Comes together in 30 minutes for an easy weeknight meal.
- 2lbs ground turkey
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, or 1 1/2 tsp dried
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped, or 1 tbsp dried
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a baking tray.
- Combine all the ingredients (except tomato sauce and parmesan).
- Roll turkey mixture into small 1 - 1.5 inch balls.*
- Place meatballs on greased baking tray, and bake for 20 minutes.
- If you aren't tossing your meatballs with pasta and sauce, and you just want to serve these on their own, then remove the meatballs from the oven after the 20 minutes, spoon about 1 teaspoon of tomato sauce over each one.
- Sprinkle grated parmesan over each meatball.
- Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy.
* You can make these meatballs bigger if you'd like, but ensure you cook them until they're cooked all the way through (break one open to test them).